I'd like to ask you people to boost this post to see how long it'd take for it to reach someone else from my town (Westervoort, The Netherlands).
Of course, that implies that I'm not the only one here that uses Mastodon, but hey, part of the challenge :)
Starting on the 18th of August 2020 :)
@tootapp Does Toot! support read status syncing? If so where would I switch that on?
Ich wünsche mir ja schon länger weitere Kolleginnen im Team, vielleicht klappt es ja :)
Auf jeden Fall suchen wir bei den @ubernauten eine neue Person für unser Support Team. Wenn du also Lust hast, schick uns doch mal eine Bewerbung.
Bei Fragen im Vorfeld könnt ihr euch natürlich auch an mich wenden.
@sixohsix this kind of story (a common one i think) highlights a couple of things for me:
- web APIs were always a scam - a way to supplant open protocols with reliance on closed platforms that could yank the rug out once they'd achieved market dominance (i came around to this view pretty early, but i felt lonely in it for a long time)
- it's impossible to fix a lot of the stuff that a lot of us in the FOSS world would like to fix without fixing capitalism while we're at it
You might be an Internet Ancient if you:
• remember Netscape Navigator
• ever used any modem with a bandwidth of 28,8 or lower
• had an Early Adopter account on Livejournal
• witnessed the rise and fall of PhPBB
• witnessed the rise and fall of Napster
• used the web before Google existed
• ever used a dialup BBS site
• remember Gopher
• ever downloaded music as .mod files
• remember when about 90% of the web was made up of personal sites which were "under construction" and had pictures of people's cats on them
• remember when Yahoo was literally just a big list of websites
• know IRC commands
• have heard anyone unironically use the phrase "information superhighway"
• can recognise different bandwidth modems by what bleepy handshake sound they make
• have ever received one of those chain e-mails where you have to scroll through about a kilometre of forwarded headers only to find a "hilarious" vaguely lewd image and/or a banal list like this one
When you see headlines like this, keep in mind:
- there as been no change in the supply of homes
- there has been no change in the demand for homes
This is the free market "efficiently organizing resources".
Nerd, mostly crafts software, sings operatically sometimes, is often confused. Runs https://toot.kif.rocks
Mastodon ist ein soziales Netzwerk. Es basiert auf offenen Web-Protokollen und freier, quelloffener Software. Es ist dezentral (so wie E-Mail!).